The Young Foundation is seeking early stage high potential ventures in health, education and housing to take part in The Accelerator – its new business support programme. The Accelerator is an intensive 4-month social design and business support programme delivered by Young Foundation industry experts and mentors supported by a network of coaches. The programme will connect inspirational people – leading thinkers and doers who are determined to make social change happen.
The Young Foundation ventures team will provide support and finance to organisations currently underserved by traditional private and public sector funding routes. The Accelerator is intended for high potential ventures in the fields of health, education and housing that are focused on changing people’s lives for the better.
Successful applicants will benefit from:
• In-depth tutoring, coaching and facilitation worth £50,000
• Opportunities to formally pitch your venture to social investors
• 1:1 mentoring from leading entrepreneurs and professionals
• A series of intimate networking sessions
• A generous contribution to travel and subsistence costs
We are looking for inspirational social ventures who want to :
• Increase their social impact
• Operate a self sustaining business
• Develop a lasting legacy
The programme is free to take part in and will be competitive entry. Applications are open from 27 August to 28 September 2012. Applying is through an online process, accessed through www.growingsocialventures.org
Notes to editors:
1. Contact: Alison Harvie on 07909 912 444 or email@example.com
2. The Young Foundation has pioneered the field of social innovation over the past 50 years and has been able to bring about some extraordinary improvements to society through initiatives like The Open University, UpRising and Studio Schools. We are helping to scale a number of exciting initiatives which have huge potential, such as Spice, Enabling Enterprise, Start Again and Care4Care.
3. You can follow the accelerator at http://twitter.com/YFAccelerator
4. The Accelerator programme is available to download from www.growingsocialventures.org
5. The Young Foundation published 2 recent reports on the social investment market in the UK – Growing Social Ventures and Lighting the Touchpaper – both of which are available from our website www.youngfoundation.org