This project, exploring the Theoretical, Empirical and Policy Foundations for Social Innovation in Europe (TEPSIE) is being carried out by a consortium of six partners, including The Young Foundation. Together, this consortium has designed a research programme which aims to prepare the way for developing the tools, methods and policies which will be part of the EU strategy for social innovation. Its purpose is to strengthen the foundations for other researchers, policy-makers and practitioners to help develop the field of social innovation. As such, the research programme is mapping the field, reviewing theories, models and methods and identify gaps in existing practices and policies, as well as pointing towards the priorities for future strategies. The Young Foundation has produced the following reports as part of their work in the project.
- ‘Social Innovation Overview – Part I: Defining social innovation’ (pdf)
- ‘Social Innovation Overview – Part II: Context and Responses’ (pdf)
- ‘Social Innovation Overview – Part III: Practices and Trends’ (pdf)
- ‘Social Innovation Overview – Part IV: Summary of WPs’ (pdf)
- ‘Social Innovation Overview: Bibliography’ (pdf).