This event has ended
28 February 2023, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
We’re working with residents and the council in the east London borough of Waltham Forest to better understand what local people need to create a healthier, more sustainable and cohesive borough.
Hosted by the Town and Country Planning Association (TCPA), this webinar will explore:
- why Waltham Forest is embedding the ‘15-minute Neighbourhood’ concept, exploring what residents want available to them within a short walk, wheel or cycles from their home, in corporate policy and creating a council-wide strategy based on its principles
- how The Young Foundation has helped the council understand what people in Waltham Forest want and need from their neighbourhoods, and make this central to their approach
- what the council plans to do next, and what others can learn from the experience so far.
With many communities trying to create complete, compact and connected places, this webinar will explore practical lessons learnt that can be applied to other areas.
The webinar will feature a range of speakers from the project teams at the London Borough of Waltham Forest and The Young Foundation led by:
- Jonathan Lloyd, Corporate Director of Strategy and Change, London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Sian Whyte, Head of Strategic Design and Insight, The Young Foundation
|1:30pm||Welcome and introductions||Gemma Hyde,
Project Officer, TCPA
|1:40pm||Waltham Forest’s 15-minute neighbourhood ambition||Cllr Grace Williams, Leader of Waltham Forest Council|
|1:50pm||Our approach – moving from a concept to practice||Waltham Forest Council|
|2:00pm||Research, community engagement and co-creating a vision and framework||The Young Foundation|
|2:35pm||The 15-minute neighbourhood corporate framework, ongoing data collection and focus areas for delivery||Waltham Forest Council|
|2:55pm||Key learning and reflections for other local authorities||The Young Foundation|