Work with us
Community involvement is at the core of our approach to research and governance. We give weight to the evidence created in communities. Supported through our national network of civic scholars and community researchers, we bridge institutional expertise with the real-life experiences of people around the UK.
Our current programmes see the Institute working alongside:
- Nuffield Foundation, to better understand how policy and strategies can support families in deprived communities navigate the transition to Net Zero
- National Citizen Service CIC, to reimagine the ‘civic journey’ that young people experience from adolescence to adulthood
- UKRI, to explore new ways to bring the research and innovation system closer to communities
- Sheffield Hallam University and the National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement, to support the Civic University Network to reshape relationships between universities and the communities they serve
- the British Academy, Power to Change and the Bennett Institute for Public Policy, to understand what ‘social infrastructure’ means to local people, how that relates to international experience, and how it can be translated into meaningful policy change
To find out more about the Institute for Community Studies and how we can work with you, please contact our Associate Director, Richard Harries.