The Young Foundation is pleased to announce the first awareness-raising event of a Europe-wide social innovation incubation project – TRANSITION.
The Transnational Network for Social Innovation Incubation (TRANSITION) is a 30 month EU funded project aiming at scaling up 300 Social Innovations across Europe. Through a common framework co-created by our Scaling Centres, European social innovators will be supported going a step further thanks to dedicated intensive design, business, access to finance, legal and other support services.
Between January and April 2014 TRANSITION will organize six Spark Session Workshops in the six cities where TRANSITION Scaling Centres are located: London, Paris, Milan, Bilbao, Tampere and Galway.
The first TRANSITION Spark Session will take place in London, on 30th January 2014. Join us, and other entrepreneurs and innovators at a day-long inspirational workshop to spark new ideas, ignite new relationships and learn about the specialized incubation services developed by TRANSITION partners.
During the TRANSITION Spark Sessions, participants will:
• Connect with other people just like them to share ideas, challenges, and successes, and develop a support network with peers
• Meet the TRANSITION team in the local Scaling Centre, learn about the project, and hear from social innovation experts in the fields of design, business, modelling and technology
• Learn more about opportunities available through TRANSITION, how one of our local Scaling Centres can support SI projects, and how to apply for this support
Who should attend TRANSITION Spark Sessions?
- Individuals, a groups or organisations with passion and a clear vision to create change
- Those with an innovative idea with potential social impact and looking for a mentoring and fast-track programme to make it happen
- Those whose social innovation has already generated positive social impact in the original location and want to scale it up into a new location
If you are looking for dedicated, intensive, professional support to scale your social innovation or social enterprise, joining the TRANSITION Spark Sessions could provide you with just what you need.
Prospective attendees can register here
Notes to editors:
1. For details please contact: greg.winfield at The Young Foundation on 0208 980 6263 or email@example.com
2. The Young Foundation is determined to make positive social change happen. We pioneered the field of social innovation with The Open University, UpRising and Studio Schools. We work closely with individuals, communities and partners building relationships to ensure that our thinking does something, our actions matter and the changes we make together will continue to grow. (www.youngfoundation.org)
3. Ventures at The Young Foundation is a Social Investment Finance Intermediary (SIFI) providing support and finance to organisations currently underserved by traditional private and public sector funding routes. We focus on identifying high potential ventures in the fields of health, education and housing that are focused on changing people’s lives for the better.